The "If a symbol is revealed..." effect triggers during Step 3 of the Skill Test Timing.
- When a token is 'cancelled' or 'ignored' in its entirety (such as through Wendy Adams's ability or Grotesque Statue), treat the token as if it had never been revealed at all. All of the token's effects are cancelled or ignored, and any effects that would trigger off that type of chaos token (like Baseball Bat with and ) do not trigger. However, when a token is only partially ignored or cancelled, as with Defiance, the token is still considered to have been revealed, and effects that trigger off it being revealed do trigger.
Objeto. Arma. Cuerpo a cuerpo.
: Combatir. Recibes +2 para este ataque. Este ataque inflige +1 daño. Si es revelado un símbolo o durante este ataque, descarta el Bate de béisbol después de que se resuelva este ataque.
UPDATE (Path to Carcosa released):
Now that William Yorick joined the ranks, Baseball Bat has found it's love. His ability is meant to retrieve assets from the discard pile. The risk of splitting the bat during a swing is huge (3 out of 16 tokens), so besides Yorick's convenient retrieval method, there are two more investigators likely using the bat: Wendy Adams can reduce the risk of breaking the bat in the first place with her draw-again-ability, and Agnes Baker could use it as a fallback weapon together with her spells.
With the bat in both hands you can hold ground against a group of enemies and deal 2 damage with each blow consistently. The +2 is a dire necessity for investigators who are weak in the knees.
- Unconditional +1 damage, doesn't use up supplies, +2 for each attack.
- Can be retrieved with Scavenging or Yorick's ability.
- Two-handed weapon. Don't underestimate this drawback - this weapon competes not only with other weapons, in fact, you should consider any asset which you can not play while baseball bat fills your hands. One could include Bandolier to attenuate this disadvantage.
- There is a high risk of losing it at the worst possible moment.
- Don't waste it to boost skill tests.