Dodge can cancel any type of enemy attack: a normal attack during the Enemy phase, an attack of opportunity, or a Retaliate attack.
If the attacking enemy has a Forced ability that says "When attacks" or "After attacks", that ability does not trigger if an attack is Dodged.
When a Massive enemy attacks each investigator in its location, Dodge will cancel only one of these attacks, not all of them.
- If an attack was cancelled during the Enemy phase, the attacking enemy still exhausts.
Rápido. Juega esta carta cuando en Enemigo ataque a un investigador que esté en tu Lugar.
Cancela ese ataque.
Update after the release of Path To Carcosa:
Dodge is such a great card, why did nobody bother to write a review about it yet? I fancy that stressing it's obvious power must sound moronic, and no one wants to read what he/she already knows.
So i will just put other cards with the same effect from the other factions into advisement, none of them reaching Dodge's potential:
- Mystics have Hypnotic Gaze in faction - but the play cost is higher.
- Rogues have Suggestion - which has a steep aquisition cost of 4xp and does not work against Elite threats, neither can you protect other investigators with it.
- Survivors can buy Infighting - the aquisition cost of 3xp is crazy for an event, which does not at least protect against Elite threats, neither can you protect other investigators with it.
- Seekers have the Disc of Itzamna - it does not cancel the attack, but the effect is similiar, Seekers can stay at the same location while circumventing the attack. Higher play cost of 3 and 2xp, too.
- Dodge is a fast action to cancel any single attack (damage and horror) without a skill check.
- It can be used to save other investigators at your location.
- Works against all sizes of attackers (Elite, Massive).
- The investigator stays at the same location, usually saving a lot of actions he would spend if he evaded and returned later.
- Special mention of Yorick, when drawing the elder sign from the bag, he can retrieve Dodge from the discard pile.
- One-time effect. Make it worthwile!
- Does not combine with I've had worse.