- Moderately priced in terms of resources, at least compared to other Guardian weapons (4 resources, same as .45 Automatic)
- +3 Combat and +2 Damage, so the Springfield will kill most monsters with a single shot
- Great against aloof enemies
- Expensive in terms of Xp
- Cannot be fired at monsters engaged with you
- Two handed
- Massive enemies needs to be exhausted before you can fire at them
Say hello to the sniper rifle of Arkham Horror. It's a fantastic weapon if you're firing at a distance and a fish bicycle if anything comes within hands reach.
So, is the Springfield a good weapon or a bad one? Well, it's not awful but its situational as heck. Since its twohanded, you'll either stick to this gun alone or invest in Bandoliers. And by the time you have paid for those bandoliers, you might as well have just bought a Lightning Gun or a Shotgun.
Who can make best use of the Springfield, then? Zoey probably, since she's not that reliant on weapons. She can use her fists and Cross to murder monsters engaged to her, and then shoot anything else from safe distance. It's a really bad fit with her ability to gain 1 Resource when she engages an enemy, however.