The leather coat is the current state-of-the-art proactive damage prevention tool! As a survivor character, i would pack one every time i go out adventuring. The inclusion is harder to justify for other factions as they miss the opportunity to recycle old coats.
- Leather Coat uses a body slot, only two other cards, Bulletproof Vest, Fine Clothes, compete for this slot.
- Phenomenal install cost. It's a handy throw-away card if you are hit by events which force you to throw assets away. I would argue further that a second copy in your deck is never a dead draw.
- Combines well with Scavenging
- Great click compression, compared to other heal tools like Emergency Aid, First Aid, Medical Texts and Painkillers. Guardians more likely use Dodge to avoid 2 damage.
- Protects the wearer only.
- Should be played before enemies appear, during a fight it's useless.
- Don't waste it to boost skill tests.