Card draw simulator
|None. Self-made deck here.|
alexalansmith14 · 120
Fairly thematic Wendy deck which focuses on clues with several options for action compression and damage dealing.
This started as a joke when I decided to create full-event deck for Wendy. That sorta made sense because of her amulet, but still was not very practical. Wern212 advised me on DttF discord to use On Your Own, which was thematic enough because of her personal story (she's literally abandoned and alone, living a life on her own). That advice made me thinking about building a thematic but playable Wendy.
Deck doesn't contain much assets — an urchin could find a Flashlight and Newspaper on the streets of Arkham, and Cornered, Pickpocketing and On Your Own sound like appropriate talents for somebody with Wendy's background. I tried to keep up with the same logic when choosing events and skills (even Emergency Cache can be viewed as poor girl's piggybank).
It's pretty straightforward, try to get at least one of investigation assets and one of your talents (preferably Cornered) in your starting hand.
Cornered, Live and Learn and Lucky! will provide you stat boosts on demand. If things go south, you have a Last Chance. Don't forget about your Devil's Luck! You can draw them with the help of Lucky! and Pickpocketing.
For legal campaign starter replace the following:
- Newspaper => Newspaper
- Lucky! => Lucky!
- Cornered => Unexpected Courage
- Devil's Luck => second copy of Resourceful
- drop On Your Own
Cards for consideration
I don't own TCU/TDE/TIC yet, so I can't really advise on its cards, but from what I see here on arkhamdb, you might be interested in the following:
- Belly of the Beast
- Trial by Fire
- Intel Report (not very thematic though)
- Small Favor
- A Glimmer of Hope
- Fortuitous Discovery
- Crystallizer of Dreams
Why not include ...?
- Lockpicks - I've saved some XP for standalone deck with 19 XP threshold and decided to slow down with resource costs. You're free to upgrade Flashlight into it if you wish!
- Track Shoes — again, tried to save some resources. You can include it if you feel like the deck needs more mobility.
- Drawing Thin — don't own it yet, might experiment with it later. I heard, this card has special synergy with Track Shoes.
- Take Heart — with On Your Own Wendy should be fine in terms of economy, but you can take it if you feel you need it.
- Lucky Cigarette Case - competes with Wendy's Amulet for a slot, but if you're a Relic Hunter, you could use girl's smoking habit for additional draw.
- Lone Wolf - again, you should be perfectly fine with the economy thanks to On Your Own, but this card seems absolutely logical for solo play.